I didn't grow up eating French toast - but I do love it with Canadian Maple Syrup and berries or carmelized apples.
Here's how you make simple French toast. I like to use older thawed bread for this.
What you need:
- Bread (Sourdough, Multi-grain, Teff or Cinnamon Buns)
- Fork or whisk
- Frying pan & spatula/flipper
- milk - any kind,
- salt & pepper
When I make French toast for 2 I'll use:
- 2 eggs
- about 3 TBSP alternative milk
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
- salt & pepper to taste
Mix the above ingredients in a bowl with a fork or whisk till well blended.
Heat a skillet or frying pan to medium high - add a splash of oil if it's not a non-stick frying pan.
Dip a slice of your favourite Cocoabeans bread into the mix and place in a medium hot frying pan. After 2 minutes or so - flip the bread with a spatula or flipper and fry for another couple of minutes. Your bread should be golden brown.
Remove from frying pan and place on a plate - ready to serve with Maple Syrup.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Fresh apple
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 3- 4 TBSP Butter or butter substitute
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- Frying pan and flipper or spatula
- Sharp knife
- With your knife, slice an apple into quarters - remove the seeds and stem and slice the quarters into thinner slices or chunks
- Heat a sauce pan or frying pan to medium high heat
- Add about 3 - 4 TBSP of butter or butter substitute to the hot frying pan
- Add about 1/4 cup of brown sugar and let this simmer till well blended and incorporated
- Add about 1/4 tsp cinnamon or more if you love cinnamon
- Mix in your apple slices and stir till well coated with your Carmel sauce that you've made
- Continue cooking till your apples are tender - unless you like them with a bit of a crunch
Once finished cooking place in a bowl or straight onto your plate covering your French Toast.
Photo Credit: https://strengthandsunshine.com/gluten-free-apple-cinnamon-french-toast-vegan/